Trailbuilding 3 rock Monday 29 Oct

Yeah, I know – an unpopular day, but weather is likely not good for biking, and you should ALL have your Christmas shopping done by now anyway.
Anyone who can make it out for a few hours will be an total hero, we’ll mainly be clearing new singletrack, and possibly also revamping the old MAD club course (depending on numbers we get) as it’s all over the place at the moment.

Tools:
Definitely need some strong/yard brushes and rakes.
Spade, loppers also useful.

I’ll be up there from approx 9am

Put a post here or text me on 087-792-7730 if you can make it out
Thanks
Fergal

14 Responses to Trailbuilding 3 rock Monday 29 Oct

1. Fergal says:

Don’t forget sufficient clothing (especially gardening gloves) and food/water, a flask of tea would be lovely…

2. Conor says:

I prefer coffee myself. Do’nt know about 9am though! See you about 10. I’ll bring Jaffa Cakes !

3. Richie says:

I should be able to make it out too – but a fear of whole numbers will mean I’ll be arriving at 9.30..ish ;-)

4. Dave says:

i’ll try and come, but i don’t drive so i’ll have to cycle out…probably in some cycling gear, so forgive me for looking like a twat in advance :)

5. Fergal says:

I say not to bother Dave unless you can bring broom/rake etc… which would be impossible on a bike
    don’t worry – there’ll be other days

6. Fergal says:

Excellent work done today lads – thanks a lot to all who came out!

There was Graham, Conor, Richie, Karl (hope your back is OK Karl!), Ciaran, Dave, Tom…. hope I didn’t leave anyone out…?

Got a really nice clean-up job done on the old MAD Club Course and also the new section which leads into it – polished trails – nice!

7. Tom says:

We got a nice section cleared today, and we have certainly given an old trail a new lease of life, I can’t wait to try it out during my next night spin…

8. Richie says:

Yep, a classy trail given a spit and polish – and a couple of new rock gardens ;-) Don’t think I can wait till next weekend to have a go on it!

9. Fergal says:

oh yea, those rock gardens, think we did 3 of them, or was it 4? – I just couldn’t stop, I get upset when I see rocks all lonely like, sitting out on the edge of the reail… I like them gathered together, even emotionless stones deserve a little huddle now and again

10. Dave says:

…ok, if nothing else good will come of this trail we revamped at least we now know fergal has a rock fetish.

Anyways, nice work today lads we got loads done.

11. Tom says:

I’m going to ride this trail tonight (Tuesday), meeting Taylors at 7:15pm..pace will be medium, lights blah blah blah…
    Tom 086 171 3851

12. Tom says:

People…get out and ride this trail if you can it is so good, Ciaran Corsons Creamy Berm of Love works incredibly well you just rail around it into the next berm over the little hip jump through a few tricky roots, rumble over the rockgarden and whoosh into the next berm…

..I was thinking Fergal, if this last berm was built a bit better it might be possible to carry your speed all the way from the entrance through to here and then ideally onto the slight climb over the first white arrow…

13. Fergal says:

“…..creamy berm of love” – oh jesus I don’t feel well now, yeah Tom, always room for tweaks and improvements, and it wouldn’t take a whole lot to build-up that berm either – the catapult effect man – every corner should have one!
    we can do another trailbuild soon and add this to the list of awesome things to do

14. Dave says:

YAY! more trailbuilding ;)