MAD Autumn Introductory Series
Our much-anticipated MTB introductory course is starting this month. Over three weekends we’ll introduce riders to off-road riding and the trails. The dates are as follows:
- Saturday September 24th
- Saturday October 1st
- Saturday October 8th
There is no charge for the course but everyone will have an opportunity to join MAD afterwards. We require everyone to register for the course beforehand – please use this form:
and ensure your details are correct. We’ll email locations and times to registered riders a few days before each spin.
These spins are suitable for everyone – although a basic level of bike-fitness will really help. See the information on our Beginners Page for details on what to wear and bring. Helmets are compulsory for all riders – no exceptions under any circumstances. Also Check out the information on the site and if you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring?
There are a few essentials which you should have with you on every ride:
- Water – at least one bottle
- Food – you use up a lot of energy while mountainbiking so it’s important to refuel regularly. Bring whatever you like to eat:.bananas/Mars bars/ Fig Rolls are always popular.
- Spare tube (or two) – You’re sure to get a puncture eventually so it’s wise to have a spare tube with you. It’s faster to change a tube then to patch an old one (you can patch it at home later)
- Pump – You won’t get far if you can’t inflate your tyre after a puncture. Don’t assume someone else will have one
- Basic tools – at a mininum you should have tyre levers and allen keys for the bolts on your bike. If you’re unsure about working on your bike just ask someone in the club.